Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Human, Are we??

A lot of times we hear & read about companies & enterprises being human however, tend to see very few examples of the same in day to day life. During my trip to India I came across such an example & was very pleased to see some organization try & make a difference.

It was a normal day back home & I was out in the evening with my sister. Suddenly while crossing a market complex we decided to stop at a KFC. We parked the car & went in to grab a bite. We approach the counter and encounter a guy who can’t figure out what we are trying to order & me being my usual impatient self, get irritated & say to my sister…Is this guy dumb or what???. Turns out the guy was not only dumb but deaf as well. As we moved closer, he pointed to the badge he was wearing. The badge said “Pls point out your order”.

Never in my life have I felt so cheap & disgusted with myself. Here I am a mature sensible person or so I thought and I lack even common courtesy. I am so full of myself that I can’t even remotely appreciate the huge problems people face in their day to day life.

There I was standing in front of this guy who was beaming with joy at just being able to take our order correctly. As it turns out, that particular KFC employs several such (for the lack of a better word) individuals. I felt angry with myself for my behavior. However I was really glad that some organization was making a difference!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Well written Anu...the 'Zinger' now seems even better :)