Monday, February 1, 2010

My Unfinished (Male) Symphony

A picture is worth a thousand words, but since I don’t have a picture… a thousand words will have to do.

The man of my dreams is a man with a contagious laugh, one who smiles at most times and loves to make people around him smile. He is a fun-loving person with a good sense of humor. He sees the positives in almost every situation. He is a nice-looking man with a smile that lights up his face. One who loves to give me surprises and keep me guessing as to the next. He is someone I can look up to and admire. He’s the one stop shop solution for all my problems, small and big. He is someone who can make me feel special and cherished. With him by my side, I should feel like I have not a care in the world and nothing could possibly go wrong just coz he’s there with me. He’s someone I can be myself with; share my most secret secrets, my desires and fantasies. I wouldn’t have to be in control with him around me. I could let go of all sense and know I will not come to harm’s way. He's my best friend.

He’s someone who will be my guiding star in my journey to find myself. He will be the one person who helps me learn and grow. He’ll be my biggest supporter and not so critical critic. He has to be a patient man, helping my confused self.

He’ll be someone who can love my family like I do. The one person who understands what it is to want to do something for parents & siblings. Someone who can respect the bonds of friendship I share with my friends, not just the girl friends but the guy friends too. He’ll be someone who’ll be possessive and will miss me when I am not around. He’ll be someone who’ll give me breakfast in bed when I am not well & sometimes even when I am. He’ll bring me flowers on his way home from work once in a while. He’ll take me out for dinner on the spur of the moment. He’ll be someone who would stand by me. He’ll expect me to love his family just like I love mine and understand that I don’t always agree with what my mother and siblings think. Just a smile on his face would have the ability to send my heart soaring. He’ll be naughty like I am. He should smile more than I do. His arms will be my sanctuary, his hugs and kisses make me forget the worse.

He’ll be someone who’ll call me, text me, mail me in the middle of the day just to tell me he loves me. He’ll be someone who’ll like similar movies, sitcoms and books. He’ll also like different books. He’ll be better read than I am, more aware of history & politics.

He’ll be a complete foodie, he’d love spicy food. He wouldn’t smoke. He’ll know how to cook too. He’ll be taller than I am. He’ll know my mood swings, be tolerant of my PMS days. He’ll be able to cheer me up when I am feeling down. When we fight or argue, he’ll try and understand my point of view. He should win the argument at times too. :P He’ll know which battles to fight and which to concede to the opponent i.e. me.

He’ll be the person who’d hesitate to scold me when I do something wrong… but at times give in…partly due to much motivation from me. He’ll be the one who’ll know me better than I know myself, will hopefully have a better opinion of me than I have myself.

I hope I find him soon or better still he finds me.


P.S. :- It seems less than a 1000 words will have to do.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Shall pray that you find him soon........

Daffodils said...

Amazing Anu :) Just perfect!

Tushar Kataria said...

Very nicely expressed! Hope you find him soon! Wish we all find the person we want, at least once in our lifetime :)

Sunny said...

if u find him...can u ask him if he has a brother? ;)

Unknown said...

Debayan has prompted you to do some good work i can see!! Very well written babe :) I hope all the guys out there learn from this!

Junior said...

A woman rubbed a bottle and out popped a genie.

The amazed woman asked if she got three wishes. The genie said, "Nope,
sorry, three-wish genies are a storybook myth. I'm a one-wish genie.
So ... what'll it be?"

The woman did not hesitate. She said, "I want peace in the Middle East.
See this map? I want these countries to stop fighting with each other
And I want all the Arabs to love the Jews and Americans and vice-versa.
It will bring about world peace and harmony."

The genie looked at the map and exclaimed, "Lady, be reasonable.
These countries have been at war for thousands of years. I'm out of
shape after being in a bottle for five hundred years.. I'm good but not
THAT good! I don't think it can be done. Make another wish and please

be reasonable."

The woman thought for a minute and said, "Well, I've never been able to
find the right man. You know - one that's considerate and fun, romantic,
likes to cook and help with the house cleaning, is good in bed, gets
along with my family, doesn't watch sports all the time, and is
faithful. That is what I wish for ... a good man."

The genie let out a SIGH, rolled his eyes and said,

"Let me see the fucking map again."

Robin said...

Thank you Junior...That is just about the perfect riposte to this insane wish by Miss Vohra!!! :P

Unknown said...

very deep & intense thoughts must say....nice one :)

Junior said...

@Robin - gotta nip these kinda things in the bad man!..They're highly contagious!..And the worst part is that the girls who contract it don't suffer, it's the guys hitting on the girls who do :D

AlmostPerfect said...

@junior: Sufferer are you???

Junior said...

:D

AB said...

well well anu... dnt knw if such guys exist but i hope u find one... but i hope ur dream guy doesnt read this coz its like tis whole list of expectations checklist...

Diptee said...

Woah, that's some wish list, girl. :D Well good luck for the search. :)